The startups that have been selected are:
- ANS Commerce, a e-commerce solutions provider
- Entropik Tech, an artificial intelligence (AI) startup
- Fashinza, a B2B SaaS startup for fashion manufacturing
- Gully Network, a retail network for mid-sized grocery stores
- Piggy, an investment-focused fintech startup
- Tagbox Solutions, a provider of supply-chain solutions
- Unbox Robotics, a parcel sorting robotics system
- Wolkus Technology, an agritech startup
These startups were selected from more than 920 applicants across five categories, including design and Make for India, innovation in digital commerce, technologies to empower the retail ecosystem, supply chain management and logistics, and deep tech applications.
Flipkart had announced this accelerator programme for idea-stage startups in the consumer internet technology space to help them build market-ready solutions in August last year.
Shortlisted firms will undergo a 16-week mentorship programme conducted by a team of Flipkart leaders and various industry experts and receive an equity-free grant of $25,000.
Flipkart said the programme will be conducted under two separate tracks:
- The first track will include one-on-one business and technical mentorship, masterclasses, and networking sessions focused on venture development.
- The second track will help the startups explore partnership opportunities with relevant business units at Flipkart.
“With Flipkart Leap, we aim to nurture promising startups and help them create compelling solutions for customers and bring value to the industry,” Naren Ravula, vice president for product strategy and deployment at Flipkart, said in a statement.