Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for NieR: Automata have exceeded five million units, Square Enix announced.
The game was last reported in September to have reached 4.85 million units.
NieR: Automata first launched for PlayStation 4 in Japan on February 23, 2017, followed by PlayStation 4 in North America on March 7 and Europe on March 10, PC via Steam worldwide on March 17, and Xbox One worldwide a year later on June 26, 2018. A “Game of the YoRHa Edition” launched for PlayStation 4 and PC worldwide in February 2019.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.