Looking for a job or internship at a local tech or life science company? WRAL TechWire has you covered.
Last month, we introduced a new weekly feature to keep our readers posted on local job and internship opportunities. Every Monday, we round up the latest information from the region’s top job boards, offering a breakdown of how many jobs are posted, which companies are hiring and for what positions. We’ve also included upcoming job fairs, student-centric resources from local colleges and universities, and a list of Twitter accounts that track local job openings.
Below, we’ll highlight what’s new on local job boards since last week’s roundup. (Click on the subheadings to visit the job boards directly.)
AMA Triangle, the fifth-largest chapter in American Marketing Association’s nationwide network, aims to be a go-to resource for all things marketing in the Triangle—serving more than 470 members. AMA Triangle provides professional training, free career webinars and a job board offering free resume placement for marketing professionals. Every month, it hosts a free “Transitions Mastermind” program for job seekers and those seeking advice on career improvement.
AMA Triangle’s job board currently features 67 marketing jobs within a 100-mile radius of Raleigh, 41 results within a 100-mile radius of Durham, and 31 results within a 100-mile radius of Chapel Hill.
Newly-posted positions include:
- Marketing integrity analyst, marketing specialist, senior digital marketing manager at Willis Towers Watson in Raleigh
- Associate director of IT communications and organizational change management lead at biotech firm Gilead Sciences
- Practice area marketing coordinator at WK Dickson & Co., Inc.
- Account director at Marchex in Raleigh
Durham-based startup hub American Underground regularly posts job openings on its job board. Job seekers can filter their search by skills, position level (c-suite, co-founder, entry-level, mid-level or senior-level), job type (full-time, part-time or intern), job classification (1099 or W2), and work location (on-site, flexible or remote).
Three jobs were added to American Underground’s job board since last week’s roundup. All are from Pattern Health, a health tech startup that recently made news headlines for raising $1.5 million in new funding. The company is currently seeking an inside sales representative, a senior DevOps engineer, and a security and compliance manager. Last month, Pattern Health also added marketing director and business development director job listings to AU’s job board.
Other openings on AU’s site include:
- Digital marketing specialist and mid-market account executive at digital advertising startup Adwerx
- Customer service and content specialist at book publishing/promotion startup Written Word Media
- Product manager, WordPress developer, back-end developer, front-end developer, mobile developer and engineering director at Durham-based web design firm Pathos Ethos
- Lead designer at retail tech digital storytelling startup Looma, in Durham (the position is the company’s first internal design hire)
WRAL TechWire and the North Carolina Biotechnology Center recently launched a Bio Jobs Hub platform focused on biopharma manufacturing—one of North Carolina’s largest industries, employing over 26,000 people. Typical biopharma jobs include process technicians, maintenance and/or instrumentation technicians, quality assurance and quality control associates, process development scientists and process engineers. This industry also offers competitive entry-level salaries, from $42,000 to $60,000.
Scientists, skilled laborers and recent graduates can use the Bio Jobs Hub resource to find career and training opportunities in their area. Users can search by location, job category/activity and region.
Dozens of biopharma companies are hiring in the Triangle, including large employers like Biogen in Research Triangle Park, bioMérieux in Durham, GSK in Zebulon, Merck & Co. in Durham, Novo Nordisk in Durham and Clayton, Pfizer in Sanford, and many more.
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center’s extensive jobs board lists open jobs and internships from local life science companies and research organizations. Users can filter by job category, employment type (full-time, part-time and contractor), keywords, postal code and radius.
Over the past week, 35 new jobs were added to NCBiotech’s board, including:
- Research scientist at LigaTrap Technologies in Durham
- Protein chemistry scientist and iPSC development senior scientist at LifeEDIT in RTP
- IT director at Raleigh-based Eva Garland Consulting
- Several local positions with Frankel Staffing Partners
- Clinical operations director at Scio NeuroStim
- Biosample manager and quality manager at Durham’s Shattuck Labs
- Site quality validation leade at RTP’s Beam Therapeutics
- Project manager, technical services manager, senior device engineer, quality specialists, chemist, biotechnology supervisor, HR analyst, environmental monitoring tech and senior quality specialist at Alcami in Morrisville and Durham
- Quality control analyst at CoImmune, Inc. in Durham
- Two temporary associate engineers at RTP’s United Therapeutics
- Research associate and facilities supervisor at StrideBio in Durham
- Senior scientist at Mucommune in Durham
- Operations manager and research associate at Powered Research in RTP and Durham
The North Carolina Technology Association (NC TECH) has an interactive job board you can use to find your next career opportunity. Users can search by keyword, location, category, type (contract, full-time, part-time or temp to full-time), experience and education level.
No new jobs were added to NC TECH’s board since last week’s roundup. Here’s a recap of the jobs that have been posted over the last few weeks:
- Associate account manager and reliability/level 2 support engineer at publishing software provider BlueMatrix
- Senior software engineer at adtech startup Kevel (previously known as Adzerk)
- Mid-senior applications engineer at Raleigh-based cybersecurity firm Stern Security
- Cloud engineer, functional business analyst, lead cloud engineer, java developer and senior full-stack engineer at Deutsche Bank’s office in Cary
- Project engineer at RTP-based supply chain software provider Optricity Corporation
NCWorks is a statewide job search portal run by the North Carolina Department of Commerce, which has nearly 100 career centers located across the state. Users can filter NCWorks’ database by keyword, location, occupation group or specific occupations, minimum acceptable salary, education level, job sources and date posted. NCWorks also has a mobile app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The site’s COVID-19 job board lists companies hiring to fill immediate technical and healthcare needs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
North Carolina military veterans, transitioning service members and spouses can find additional resources on NCWorks’ separate veterans portal.
NCWorks saw more than 2,735 resumes updated over the past week, with 58 new jobs posted on Sunday, Feb. 28.
Wake County-based private employers with the most job openings include: WakeMed Health and Hospitals (572 jobs), UNC Rockingham Health Care (354 jobs), UNC Health Care System (351), NC State University (342), Pharmaceutical Research Associates International (309), Gilead Sciences (306), INC Research (225) and Credit Suisse (219), Lenovo (139), Food Lion (129), Duke University Health System (124), Harris Teeter (121), Allscripts (119), SAS Institute (112), Wells Fargo (107), PRA Health Sciences (104), IQVIA (103), Advance Auto Parts (101) and Epic Games (100 jobs).
Raleigh Founded, a startup incubator and coworking space, launched a jobs board and research page in January. You can filter your search by company, company size and industry.
The board currently lists 124 positions at 24 companies. New listings posted in the last seven days include:
- Full stack developer at Raleigh-based marketing agency Exit Intelligence
- Robotic process automation engineer, salesforce engineer, senior dynamics 365 developer, full stack developer and human-centered UX/UI designer at Pivotal IT Services (positions are listed as both remote and in-person in Raleigh)
- Senior accountant, data scientist, people operations manager, corporate sales director, data analyst, total rewards manager and HRIS manager at Raleigh-based startup Pendo (read more about Pendo’s hiring plans in this recent news story on TechWire)
- Senior site reliability software engineer at local cloud software developer Veeva Systems (position comes with the flexibility to work from home)
Work in the Triangle, a Wake County Economic Development program, shares new openings daily through its Twitter feed, @WorkTriangleNC.
The organization runs a weekly #TriangleTuesdays Hot Jobs alert. Last week’s posts featured jobs from Accuro (cybersecurity analyst), S&ME (lab technician), Seqirus (capital project manager), City of Raleigh and Wake County (several jobs), PNC Bank (mortgage loan officer), Duke Raleigh Hospital (clinical nurse), BB&T (insurance accountant), CreditSuisse (several jobs), Fred Smith Company (business development representative), Lenovo (consumer marketing director, business strategy and planning manager), MetLife (senior database administrator), SAS (HR coordinator), First Citizens (telephone banker), Capitol Broadcasting Company (graphic artist), Martin Marietta (communications specialist), Red Hat (principal site reliability engineer), Wake Med (research coordinator), Womble Bond Dickinson (digital learning analyst), UNC Health (several jobs) and Lumeris (data and software engineers).
Find more by scrolling through the #TriangleTuesdays hashtag on Twitter.
Upcoming Job Fairs
NC TECH’s Virtual Tech Job Expo: April 21, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- At NC TECH’s virtual Tech Job Expo, employers can connect and network with professionals seeking jobs and internships in tech. Tickets are free for candidates and job seekers.
Job Resources for Local Students
If you’re a student looking for an internship or entry-level position at a local company or organization, your university has resources to help you get started. Quick links below:
Other Job Search Sites
Aside from the boards above, job seekers can also find local startup jobs at SimplyHired (250 jobs are available near Research Triangle Park), LinkedIn (1,039 results in and around Raleigh), Indeed (265 startup jobs in RTP), and AngelList (job openings in Raleigh, Durham and across North Carolina).
Twitter Accounts to Follow
Here are some locally run Twitter accounts that regularly share job openings in the Triangle: