Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
This position, a lead level within the client services team, within the Japanese Corporate Banking East (JCBE) Account Documentation department is responsible for reviewing Corporate customer’s legal documents and forwarding to the various internal departments for the registration in the bank’s Core Systems, ensuring customer information are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry standard practice and taking due diligence. The product services include in commercial lending, deposit, trade finance, investment and treasury preparing various instructions and reports, assisting clients and RMs on documentation inquiries and legal document preparation and performing administrative functions.
Corporate Client Services (60%)
- Service JCBE Corporate clients to send and review customer documents and transactional instructions to execute account opening and closure, title changes, address changes, tax remediation, and KYC documents within standing procedures and guidelines.
- Additionally, this position supports clients in the monthly Overdraft invoicing and charges.
Administrative Functions (20%)
- Perform operational risk controls and clerical administrative functions on daily basis in compliance with the standing procedures and policies, support relationship managers providing operational related data and respond to their inquiries.
Perform other duties as assigned by Department Head and Management (20%)
- Participate in the bank wide and/or department related projects, operational enhancements, system upgrades, procedure updates, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4+ years of client services experience and 3 years of commercial lending and deposit product services and administrative experience
- Strong knowledge in accounting, laws, regulations, and market practice for commercial products
- Strong management skills, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and an ability to interact with all levels of management and able to foster close and collaborative productive working relationships across the organization
- Strong organizations skills, disciplined planner, and implementer with sound strategic judgment, thinking and vision
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive information. Strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, & work under tight deadlines
- Advanced skills in MS Office and banking applications
- Ability to collaborate effectively and strategically with customers, business partners and peers throughout the enterprise
- Bilingual Japanese and English
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.