Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This position supports Consumer and Small Business Banking Operations – Contact Centers that provide 24×7 service and sales support to consumer and small business customers across many sites and through phone and digital channels. In this role, the Compliance Officer will provide independent Compliance oversight and guidance for the Contact Center line of business. Areas of focus will include, but are not limited to: projects and new business initiatives, change management, issue management, review of procedures and customer facing content, and monitoring of critical business functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote a strong Compliance culture throughout the Contact Center line of business
- Provide Compliance oversight and subject matter expertise on regulatory compliance requirements
- Provide advice to business management in the development of procedures and controls for the Contact Center, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
- Assess New Business Initiatives (proposed new products and services) and other key business projects for compliance risks; provide regulatory compliance requirements and controls, credible challenges and Compliance approvals.
- Identify and escalate emerging risks or issues to management and risk partners as appropriate. Collaborate with the business, control teams, legal and risk partners to document process and fulfillment concerns and propose solutions.
- Monitor key business compliance issues, issue identification and timely resolution.
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with product teams, Control partners, legal and other line of business to facilitate discussions and resolve issues.
- Review of Contact Center-owned content with Compliance risk
- Design and execution of Compliance Monitoring and Oversight activities
- Support Business Process mapping to ensure key compliance controls are identified/developed/documented.
- Business Process and Controls- Evaluate business processes and controls impacted by emerging risk, recommend control enhancements; monitor key controls, identify, assess, escalate process issues and control gaps.
- Assist in reviewing responses and assessing compliance issues raised in audit reports, independent testing and Self-Assessment reviews.
- May oversee junior compliance consultants in performing duties above
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations
- Ability to translate regulations into business operational requirements
- Providing advice that protects the Bank’s reputation and mitigates regulatory risk
- Ability to provide credible challenge, while exercising sound judgment and professionalism, in order to address a broad spectrum of risk issues, including how they apply to the businesses, taking into account relevant factors, alternate solutions, as well as escalation when appropriate
- Certifications or additional training applicable to areas of responsibility such as CRCM, CAMS, CIA, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St – Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 128 South Tryon Street – Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd – Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd – Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave – Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway – Irving, TX
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd – Plano, TX
IA-Des Moines: 206 8th St – DES MOINES, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St – Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way – Minneapolis, MN
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd – Saint Louis Park, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St – New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd – Summit, NJ
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St – Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln – Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd – Chandler, AZ
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave – Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.